Modern Slavery Act
SSC takes a zero tolerance approach to slavery and human trafficking. Moreover, we recognise that as a responsible corporate citizen SSC has a responsibly to be alert to the risks of this, however small, in its business and its wider supply chain. To this end our staff are expected to report concerns to management who in turn will be expected to act.
We help individuals find the best way for them to work. Many of the individuals we help are engaged in temporary work. Depending on their circumstances, the work they have found and how they will be able to carry out that work SSC has a variety of ways of working with those individuals in a manner which best suits them.
Some individuals may be engaged as umbrella employees, others may prefer to be engaged on a self-employed contracting basis and others may simply prefer to engage SSC to provide them with accounting and taxation advice.
Our trading businesses are within our parent company, S & S CONSULTING SERVICES (UK) LTD
Our Supply Chain
Our supply chain includes the referral by UK recruitment agencies of applicants for work for whom those agencies have found temporary work.
Our Policies On Slavery And Human Trafficking
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in any part of our business or in our supply chain.
Due Diligence Processes For Slavery And Human Trafficking
As part of our initiative to identify and mitigate risk:
- We limit the geographical scope of our activities to the UK. When activity takes place outside the UK, which happens rarely but occasionally this requires director level approval;
- We have long standing relationships with most of the recruitment agencies we deal with;
- We only deal with recruitment agencies that operate and have a presence in the UK and we expect them all to have suitable anti-slavery and human trafficking policies and processes;
- Given the nature of our activities and the supply chain which we form part of, it is not practical for us to have a direct relationship with all links in the chain, ultimately to the end client to whom the individuals we assist provide their services and efforts; and
- We encourage the reporting of concerns and the protection of whistle blowers.
Supplier Adherence To Our Values
We expect all those in our supply chain to demonstrate similar values to those espoused herein.
All Directors and senior managers have been briefed on this subject.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1)o f the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our group’s slavery and human trafficking statement for the current financial yea